One doting dad’s very funny and incredibly sweet blog is reminding other parents out there – it’s not just your kid who has random meltdowns!
It’s not easy being a toddler… You’re only just learning to talk but you still want everything your way! Which leaves only one way to make yourself heard… a full-blown tantrum over the smallest thing.
Greg Pembroke, a dad from Rochester, New York, began taking pictures of his kids mid-meltdown, and uploading them to his blog Reasons My Son Is Crying, along with an explanation of the ‘outrage’ that caused the tears.
Soon, exasperated parents worldwide were posting snaps of their own little angels having a moment and Greg even turned his blog into a book. But the stars of the show, who kicked off the phenomenon, are Greg’s own sons William and Charlie. Take it away boys…
1. I broke his cheese in half
2. I gave him a cup of water
3. The slide is not slippery enough
4. I wouldn’t let him drink bath water
5. His brother’s boots don’t fit
6. I closed the refrigerator door
7. I wouldn’t let him eat mud
8. We asked him to stop hitting his brother with this fly swatter
9. He took his socks and shoes off. His feet are now cold
10. I read his favourite bedtime story
11. The neighbours’ dog isn’t outside
12. His milk is in the wrong cup
As all parents know, toddler tantrums can stop just as soon as they start. See, look at these happy, smiley boys. Butter wouldn’t melt…