There are things in life you know for sure are never going to happen. We’ve all heard the expression, ‘…and pigs might fly,’ knowing of course they won’t! Each one of the following relates to us on a personal level – but we’re sure some of them will sound familiar. See if you agree…
1. Your mother will never stop giving you unwanted advice – despite the fact you’re now a grown woman.
2. You’re never going to marry a millionaire and live a life of luxury.
3. You’ll never be a size 12 again, so you’re not really sure why you insist on still looking at clothes you know won’t fit you!
4. You may have practised your Oscar speech in the mirror and joined am-dram classes, but you’re never going to be a famous actor and win awards.
5. Despite owning a karaoke machine as a kid, your voice will never be good enough to enable you to have a successful chart career.
6. You’ll never be able to fully understand how to use all the stuff you’ve got on your phone.
7. You’ll never have neat, shiny hair. Yours is mad curly, which makes you look slightly dishevelled the whole time.
8. You’ll never be able to put false eyelashes on so they look natural and aren’t all wonky and obviously fake.
9. Sticking with make-up maladies! Another thing you’ll never accomplish is getting your eyeliner drawn on in one neat line instead of smudged all over the place.
10. You’ll never be able to recognise when a player is off-side. Even though you like football and the rule has been explained, you just don’t get it.
11. Talking of sport, you’ll never understand rugby. You’ve been cheering on our boys in the Six Nations, but not once have you actually known if they’re doing OK, other than by looking at the score!
12. However hard you try, you’ll never be able to walk elegantly in high heels. You just find them too painful to wear for more than about 10 minutes.
13. You’ll never have a decent sense of direction. On holiday, it takes you the entire week to find the way from where you’re staying to the beach!
14. You’ll never be able to drive properly. Despite failing one test for hitting a parked car, you passed second time and hold a licence. But you find controlling a car so hard.
15. You’ll never be a domestic goddess. You do your best to be Nigella in the kitchen, but you can’t even grasp the basics…
16. Your boyfriend will never finish decorating the spare room. He started, but soon lost interest and, by the looks of it, won’t be picking up his roller again any time soon!
17. And, finally, you’ll never stop counting your blessings. For all those things that will never happen we complained about above, we really do have a lot to be grateful for…
What will never happen in your lifetime? Let us know below…