We're not child-less, we're child-free! The freedom that comes with not being a parent...
1. You get your full quota of sleep every night because there’s no crying baby waking you up every few hours.
2. You can go to parties and drink and dance until dawn – no leaving early because of the babysitter.
3. You don’t have to be nice to your in-laws because they are your babysitters.
4. When you’re hungover, you can have a proper lie-in without a little person bouncing on your bed at 6am wanting to play.
5. You don’t have to go to Disneyworld on your holidays – you can go to child-free hotels in the Caribbean with not a cartoon character in sight.
6. You can have sex where and whenever you like, without someone walking in and asking what Mummy is doing to Daddy.
7. You can go out to the pub any night of the week and not have to stay in and help with homework.
8. On long car journeys, you can listen to your favourite radio station, not play endless games of I-spy.
9. You can binge-watch grown-up tv shows like Breaking Bad without having to explain what all that blue stuff is…
10. You can crack open a bottle of wine while cooking a leisurely dinner because there aren’t kids in the kitchen clamouring to be fed asap.
11. Your dinners can be adult ones, like grilled salmon, instead of fish finger sandwiches.
12. You can watch interesting foreign films, not endless repeats of Frozen.
13. Weekends can be spent in museums or art galleries, not at Peppa Pig World.
14. You don’t have to pretend to like this generation’s taste in music – no obligation to download One Direction.
15. You can move into any neighbourhood you like and not be concerned if the schools are any good.
16. You don’t have to be friends with someone because they’re parents of the kids your kids go to school with – you can choose your own mates!
17. You can spend money on yourself and have fun without worrying about the kids’ inheritance – because there isn’t one!