Rockney duo Chas Hodges and Dave Peacock shot to fame in the 70s. The hits just kept on coming and now they're performing for a whole new generation of fans. And here's why we love 'em!
1. They have made us question time and again whether Sainsbury’s actually sells rabbit
2. The fact they have a song called The Bollocks Song
3. They came up with the catchy theme tune for the Alf Garnett sitcom In Sickness And In Health
4. And on the subject of theme tunes who else could have accompanied the Jolly Boys’ Outing on Only Fools?
5. We can thank them for never forgetting the order of balls to be potted in snooker
6. For perfoming at Glastonbury in 2005
7. And for being able to go crazy whenever we hear The Sideboard Song
8. The speed of their lyrics could put a modern day rapper to shame
9. They opened for rock band Led Zeppelin at their huge Knebworth gigs back in 1979
9. They helped put Margate back on the map at the reopening of Dreamland
10. The lyrics of Banging In Your Head perfectly sum up our hangovers
11. And we’re so grateful for the 1982 reruns of Chas & Dave’s Xmas Knees Up! that grace our screens every year
13. We love the Diddle Um song and can still remember that 90s Heinz Baked Beans advert
14. They are die hard Spurs fans and got Argentinian footballer Osvaldo Ardiles to sing his famous line about ‘Totting-ham’ on TOTP
15. ‘Oh darling, there aint no pleasin you’ will never grow old
16. We love that Chas’ son Nik is now their regular on the drums
17. Because they think London Girls are the best in the world
18. And finally for introducing us to one tiny little word that bemuses and overjoys us in equal measures… GERTCHA!