It's January again which means the festive season is well and truly over! The beginning of the year is always a bummer. It's official, January is the worst month of the year.
1. Say hello to the January blues! After all of that fun in December, January is ALWAYS depressing by comparison.
2. It’s especially horrible if you had to work on the 1st with few hours sleep from New Years Eve.
3. The weather is rubbish! You wish that you could just hibernate in January.
4. You seem to be broke for the whole month, which means you never have the funds to go out. Not that there is much point in trying to go out anyway, as it seems everyone you know is doing dry January!
5. New year, new you? Nah! Everyone thinks they need to make some sort of change, but let’s face it, after a week or so of good intentions you’ll soon be back to another year with the same old you.
6. It’s not easy to get back into work mode after the Christmas holidays. If feels ages since you’ve had to do a full days work, and it’s PAINFUL getting back into the swing of things.
7. Much like December, it seems the dark January nights last forever. Getting up and coming home in the darkness plays havoc with your body clock. Is it midnight, 4am, or time to get up? Who knows!
8. There is no bank holiday to look forward to till Easter!
9. You hate the January sales. All of those items that you bought full price last year are now painfully cheap in the January sales. You kick yourself for not holding out a bit longer!
10. Social media becomes a bit of a bummer, all people seem to be sharing are their New Year’s resolution. Guess what? Nobody cares!
11. If it’s your birthday, you might as well stay in bed! None of your friends have any money to go out anyway…
12. Everyone suddenly feels the need to join a gym. Gyms are not just for January! You hate that yours is suddenly inundated for the first few weeks of the year.
13. All your friends seem to have plans for the coming year while you feel absolutely lost! How is everyone so sorted already?
14. January is diet time! After eating too much over the Christmas holidays, lettuce is your new best friend.
15. January feels like the longest month ever…WHEN will it end?
While January promises to be full of hope and motivation for a new start, the reality is quite different. In any case, Happy New Year!