We’d love to be a bit wooh and a bit waaay, but we’re so dull! We often get frustrated that we’re not more exciting. Our mundane behaviour certainly hasn’t impressed this moggy! Here are some examples of how just tedious we are…
1. Even when it’s 30C outside, we still take a woolly with us in case it gets chilly.
2. An outfit may be crying out for a slinky pair of heels to set it off, but we’ll stick to our flats.
3. We’ve never worn coloured or patterned tights. We always go for a shade close to our skin tone.
4. Talking of matching skin tones, we also keep our lips neutral and wouldn’t risk bright pinks or reds.
5. Our nails haven’t ever been adorned with nail art. We do paint our nails but we always opt for a pastel varnish.
6. The same conservative taste applies with clothes. We’ll be found browsing the black racks, not the multi-coloured rails.
7. While our mates go on rollercoasters, we’re left waiting at the bottom, holding the coats.
8. Karaoke is something we love the idea of doing, but won’t as we’re worried we’ll make a fool of ourself.
9. There’s no way we’d ever regret having a tattoo, as we’d never get ourselves inked in the first place.
10. Piercings aren’t out of the question, but, for us, it’s just one hole per ear, nothing in noses, bellybuttons, or anywhere else for that matter!
11. Despite thinking this looks cool, we’d never wear our hat at a jaunty angle!
12. When we hear stories about people roughing it with backpacks to explore the world, it sounds horrendous.
13. On holiday, we stick to well-known fast-food outlets rather than risk eating anything strange.
14. Talking of holidays, when it comes to excursions, you won’t find us on a jeep safari or white-water rafting. We might, however, go on a coach trip to a local market.
15. Parties aren’t for us. We’re not very good at letting our hair down and find small-talk difficult.
16. Our home is tidy, organised and calm, so we don’t like lots of visitors spoiling it and creating chaos and noise. While they’re busy making a mess, we’re in the kitchen running a bowl of hot water ready to wash up when they’ve finished with their plates!
17. We can’t abide it when people just turn up. If we’re not expecting somebody, we don’t open the door, but peek through the blinds when they’ve given up and are leaving to see who it was.
18. When things we like are discontinued we’re sad… After four years of buying the same boots every season, they stopped making them. Then our favourite shade of lipstick was taken off shelves for being too old-fashioned. Sob! This lot are much too vibrant for us!
19. Impulsive moments may be fun for some, but we prefer to plan in advance.
20. All our important documents are filed and clearly marked.
21. The names in our address book are under people’s surnames, formal admittedly, but much easier to find if you know loads of Sues.
22. Of course, we hate change. We like things to stay the same, especially in supermarkets. We want stuff to be in the place we expect to find it – so stop moving our regular purchases about, please!
23. Despite all we’ve said, we do have a good sense of humour and many friends, who understand our little idiosyncrasies. They’ve long since given up telling us to: ‘Go for it!’ because they know that ain’t gonna happen!
Would anyone accuse you of being boring? Tell us why below…