There are some things that drive us short girls mad!
1. People pointing out the obvious. ‘Aww you’re so short.’ Yes, we know!
2. We have to learn to walk quickly, just so we’re not trailing behind our long-legged tall friends.
3. There is no chance of us wearing a maxi dress or skirt unless it’s in the petite range and sometimes that’s still too long!
4. There is no such thing as a midi skirt in our world. Skirts are either short or long. There is no in-between.
5. Some tops are so long that we can wear as dresses. It’s a plus if we want an oversized t-shirt dress, but a minus if we want a top to wear with your new skirt that won’t cover it or stick out the bottom.
6. Finding the perfect pair of jeans is near to impossible. They are ALWAYS so long that they drag along the floor and fray… sad times.
7. We have to learn to alter your own clothes so that they actually fit.
8. People like making us aware of how small our feet are. Well yes, it would be strange if we were 5ft tall with giant clown feet!
9. Having to listen to people’s stupid questions. ‘How old are you, like 12?’ ‘What’s the weather like down there?’
10. Not being able to reach things is a day to day occurrence. We’ve become pretty skilled at climbing or using a spatula to knock items down.
11. We always have to be at the front in group photos. No, it’s not because we love having your picture taken! If we’re not in the front, there is not way we’ll be in shot!
12. Taking a group selfie has its challenges.
13. The fact that we always have to adjust the car seat. The person sitting behind us loves all that extra leg room though!
14. People feel like they can pat us on the head or use us as a leaning post.
15. Stools are a nightmare. Not only do we have to do a little jump to get on and off them, our feet are always dangling off the edge. We feel like we’re sitting in a high chair!
16. We have to check that you meet the height requirement for rides at a theme park. Our friends think it’s hilarious, but we are dying of embarrassment.
17. There’s always that one person who thinks it’s OK to try to pick us up. It isn’t!
18. Going to the supermarket can be a pain. Some of the shelves are so high that we are faced with the ultimate dilemma. Do we find someone to help us reach an item, or do we attempt to scale the flimsy-looking shelves?
19. Kissing our tall boyfriend isn’t the easiest. We have to stand on your tiptoes and still we BOTH end up with neck ache!
20. We can never see anything at a concert. No matter where we stand there will always be a wall of tall people in from of us. We have to just give up enjoy the atmosphere.
21. People really like to use the words ‘tiny’ and ‘cute’ to describe us short girls. It gets annoying really fast!
22. We look up to pretty much everyone.