'What time is the Loch Ness Monster fed?' Yes, you read that right! It’s one of the many silly questions holidaymakers have asked tourist boards, before jetting off...
1. ‘What colour is the bedding in the room we’ll be staying in?’ was on Cosmos Concierges’ top 10 most unusual questions asked by holidaymakers.
2. ‘Does the airport offer traditional transfer options, such as by donkey?’
3. ‘Can you tell me who performs at the circus in Piccadilly?’‘
4. ‘How many pairs of pants should I pack for a seven-night holiday?’
5. ‘I want to propose to my girlfriend while we are away, can we get the beach to ourselves for the afternoon?’
6. One holidaymaker asked the Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau, ‘Which beach is closest to the ocean?’
7. ‘Why did they build so many ruined castles and abbeys in England?’ was one challenging question posed to VisitBritain.
8. ‘What time is the Loch Ness Monster fed?’
9. ‘Are there any lakes in the Lake District?’
10. ‘Why on earth did they build Windsor Castle on the flight path of Heathrow?’
11. Someone also wanted to know if they would end up in Holland if they drove through the Holland Tunnel in New York.
12. ‘Is Edinburgh in Glasgow?’
13. ‘Was this man-made?’ asked a tourist at the Grand Canyon National Park.
14. ‘Will I be able to speak English most places I go?’ was the main concern for one tourist travelling round the United States!
15. ‘What time do they turn on the Northern Lights?’
16. ‘Where can I go to see the Queen?’
17. ‘When do they shut the water off? We don’t want to miss seeing them,’ queried one worried tourist heading to Niagra Falls.
18. ‘If the sign says it’s 100km, how far is it really?’
19. A Canadian tourist operator was once asked, ‘If the snow melts, do you have to get around by canoe?’