On the grand scale of things, we know these aren't the worlds biggest disasters, but we're still gutted by every single one of the trivial traumas on our list. So join us in wailing: 'Wasn't it a shame when…..'
1. …Zayn left One Direction
2. …Wagon Wheels stopped being bigger than your head
3. …Woolworths closed down
4. …Marathons became Snickers
5. …Take That split up for the first time. Then when they reformed but Robbie didn’t properly come back. Then Jason only went and left. And then there were three…
6. …It became apparent that you weren’t a size-12 any more
7. …Top Of The Pops went off the air
8. …George Clooney got married
9. …Simon Cowell went soft after he had baby Eric
10. …Skipping became age-inappropriate
11. …You spotted your first grey hair
12. …People decided it was OK to wear Crocs outdoors
13. …Listening to the radio on a Sunday night to see what would be Number One in the music charts stopped being really important
14. …CDs replaced vinyl. Then got replaced by downloads. (Luckily, everyone realised the error of their ways and vinyl is back)!
15. …Men decided bushy beards were de rigueur
16. …The Gallagher brothers fell out meaning no more Oasis.