Our 17 mind-boggling facts may just come in useful one day! Drop them into conversation - and you'll soon look pretty darn smart!
1. The trusty BIC biro has a hole in lid so you don’t choke, should you swallow it!
2. The teeny tiny pocket on the right side of your jeans was originally for pocket watches.
3. The top lace holes, or heel locks, on your trainers stop your foot slipping and causing blisters when you run…
4. The longest time between twin babies being born is 87 days
5. Most Westerners eat 50 tonnes of food in their lifetime
6. You can survive entirely on a diet of butter and potatoes, as these contain all the nutrients a human body needs
7. There are as many hairs per square inch on your body as on a chimpanzee
8. Most babies are born with blue eyes, but exposure to UV light brings out their real colour
9. The electric chair was invented by a dentist
10. In 1788 the Austrian army accidentally attacked itself and lost 10,000 soldiers
11. In the 17th century, there was a piano made from cats. It consisted of two rows of caged cats, and was ‘played’ by driving nails into their tails
12. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
13. One of Queen Victoria’s wedding gifts was a half ton of cheese
14. In 1811, a quarter of British women were called Mary
15. You can tell the sex of a horse from its teeth – males have 40, females 36
16. A shrimp’s heart is in its head
17. Armadillos always give birth to quadruplets