They're 2ft tall and the boss of your house. Here are our favourite lessons we've learned since becoming a mum to a toddler...
1. Your child doesn’t actually ‘toddle’. They either charge around at full speed or insist on being carried.
2. Despite the fact your child can walk, they often choose not to so it would be utter madness to ever risk going anywhere without the buggy.
3. Teams of child development experts may spend their lives designing the perfect toys for your little ones. But nothing they come up with will never be anywhere near as fun as your purse/keys/mobile phone.
4. You can never take more than five steps at home without impaling your foot on a tiny piece of Lego…
5. …Or a raisin. Those things get everywhere!
6. Stickers are your best friend when it comes to
bribing, erm, we mean encouraging your child to do what you ask them to.
7. You find it slightly strange that your toddler can navigate iPads and smart phones with ease, despite never being taught how.
8. You spend the first year waiting for your child to talk, and once it finally happens, you long for a moment of peace.
9. Toddlers have the ability to undress themselves, but they only ever choose to use this skill when you are trying to get their clothes on so you can go out.
10. A pot of bubbles always sounds like a nice idea, but it never lasts longer than approximately five seconds before being poured over the floor.
By Rachel Tompkins