We told you 17 things to DO while you’re on holiday. Now we bring you a list of stuff that you SHOULDN'T be doing! So here’s our list of don’ts…
1. Don’t just automatically head for the same fast-food places you go to at home. Try something different…
2. Don’t fall for staff at the hotel. They know exactly what to say to flatter you and probably chat up a different girl every week!
3. Don’t hit the beach before you’ve checked that your swimsuit doesn’t become see-through once it’s been in the water.
4. Don’t pee in the pool. Even if nobody knows you’ve piddled, it’s not nice!
5. Don’t just speak more loudly in English when addressing somebody who doesn’t speak the same language.
6. Don’t forget when you’re abroad that booze measures are usually much larger.
7. Don’t go crazy if you’re at an all-inclusive resort. You’ll end up making yourself ill.
8. Don’t think that you won’t burn if the sun isn’t shining. Likewise if there’s a ‘nice breeze’…
9. Don’t go into unknown areas without checking that they’re safe first.
10. Don’t sit in the sun when the heat’s at its strongest. Remember: Mad dogs and Englishmen… (and women)
11. Don’t shop in the main tourist areas, find out if there are any local markets and pick up bargains from there, instead.
12. Don’t get out of your depth when swimming in the sea. Check tide patterns and beware undercurrents.
13. Don’t forget to protect your eyes by wearing good-quality sunglasses.
14. Don’t carry more cash than you’ll need for that day, in case you lose it or it’s stolen (or you’re tempted by ‘bargains’…)
15, Don’t use your mobile phone willy-nilly abroad without checking how much it’ll cost. You could end up paying a fortune!
16, Don’t get into debt while away. There’s nothing wrong with having a supermarket sandwich for lunch occasionally, rather than eating out all the time.
17. Don’t miss out. Enjoy every minute. Making memories that you look back on fondly is what it is all about! Happy hols!