Have a look at Furious Pete taking on the biggest English breakfast eating challenge! At The Wonder cafe in Hillingdon, London, you can attempt it too, if you'e hungry enough for 4 fried slices, 4 slices of toast, 4 eggs, 6 sausages, 6 rashers of bacon, 6 hash browns, 4 black pudding, plum tomatoes, beans and mushrooms!
Could Pete break the record? Watch and see!
Here’s a brief account of Pete’s life before his attempt at the biggest English breakfast eating challenge…
Peter Czerwinski was born November 30, 1985 in Toronto, Canada.
Life was good, but by 2002, 16-year-old Pete’s life changed forever…
He was finding life extremely stressful due to getting into university, and was using food as a form of control against the pressure. On top of this he found out the awful news his mum had Multiple Sclerosis and his father was hospitalised with a bipolar disorder. Weighing 120lb, he was admitted to Toronto’s sick children’s hospital and diagnosed with anorexia.
Whilst in hospital, with the help of friends and family and stumbling upon a body building website, Pete began to eat normally and also help others with the same problems he’d battled.
After this awful part of his life, he recovered by taking up bodybuilding.
As for his speed-eating talent, he stumbled upon it in 2007 when he and a few of his buddies went out to a breakfast pub and ordered a dish called ‘The Linebacker’.
This consisted of two pieces of every breakfast item that comes to the imagination.
To everyone’s amazement, Pete finished everything on his plate before anyone got through a quarter of theirs. And then he ordered three more!
So a speed eating star was born! And since then he’s been breaking records all over the world!
Here’s a few that he’s cracked over the last few years…
- 2008, July 18 – 43 2oz. meatballs 7 min. (previous record was 35 meatballs) – Bartolini’s Meatball Eating Championship Midlothian, IL
- 2009, Oct. 20th – 72oz Steak and sides in 7 min. 16 sec.
- 2009, Sept. 14th – 600grams of Pasta in 1 min. 30 sec. – Big Papa’s Restaurant, Toronto ON
- 2009, Aug. 14th – 20 Sausages in 2 min. 30 sec. – SausageFest, Toronto
- 2009, Aug. 1- 14 slices in 10 min. (previous record was 9.5 slices)- Pizza Eating Finals Queens, NY
- 2009, July 31 -12 burgers in 8 min. (previous record was 10 burgers) – Jake’s Burger Eating Contest Finals Wilmington, DE
Here’s a couple more videos of Pete in action, starting with the Jaffa cake challenge!
And now the 24 burgers in 24 minutes challenge in Las Vegas!
Do you reckon you could match Pete in the scoffing stakes?