Herd the one about the movie-star cow..?
Counting sheep may send you to sleep – but trying to figure out the answers to our bovine moo-vie puzzlers may keep you up till the cows come home!
1. In which 2004 movie, starring Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale, does a flying vampire grab a cow but drop it through the front of a wooden building?
When do you know it is time for the cows to go to sleep?
When it’s pasture bedtime.
2. What’s the name of the groovy animated movie from 2000, in which the character Kuzco is turned into a llama and a palace guard into a cow?
Why did the cow cross the road?
To get to the udder side!
3. If you’re snappy and you know it… Starring Bill Pullman and Bridget Fonda, in which 1999 film is a cow used as bait to catch a giant, 30ft-long, man-eating crocodile?
What’s Cinderella’s favourite cow?
Her Dairy Godmother!
4. Which 2015 movie, starring a woolly character who first appeared in A Close Shave, includes an airborne cow clearing the roof of the Over The Moon public house?
Why doesn’t Sweden export its cattle? It wants to keep its Stockholm!
5. Dr Alan Grant – played by Sam Neil – is witness to the daily feeding of the animals in a special park in a 1993 movie, when a cow is lowered into an enclosure, only to be stripped to the bone in moments. What’s the blockbuster?
How do cows subtract?
With a cow-culator!
6. In which movie from 1996 do the Hardings, played by Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton – see a cow fly past their truck in a storm? As you do…
Why can’t you shock cows?
They’ve herd it all!
7. In which 2014 film does James Corden’s baker character spend lots of time hanging out with a cow – and which James claims was a real diva?
What kind of cows do you find in Alaska?
8. In which film from 1985, starring a cast of cute and cuddly characters – from Count von Count to Cookie Monster to Mr Snuffleupagus – does the character Gladys the cow appear?
What do you call a grumpy cow?
9. Cattle do, pig… In which movie from 1995 does the character of Cow, who lives on the Hoggetts’ farm say, ‘The only way you’ll find happiness is to accept that the way things are is the way things are.’
Where do Russian cows come from?
10. And finally… holy double cow! In which movie classic from 1939 does a cow have a cameo role at the beginning and then later appear whirling past in a tornado?
What do you get from a cow at the North Pole? Cold cream…
What do you get from an invisible cow? Evaporated milk…
What do you get from a forgetful cow? Milk of amnesia!
ANSWERS: 1. Van Helsing. 2. The Emperor’s New Groove. 3. Lake Placid. 4. Shaun the Sheep Movie. 5. Jurassic Park. 6. Twister. 7. Into the Woods. 8. Follow That Bird. 9. Babe. 10. The Wizard of Oz
How many did you get right in our moo-vies quiz? Let us know!