You’ve reached a certain age and realised many things have changed lately. We don’t just mean physically, but mentally, and in your attitude and observations, too. Here’s what we’ve suddenly become aware of…
1. The word ‘comfortable’ features a lot more when you’re choosing clothes and shoes.
2. You’re not worried about what others think of you any more.
3. The amount of scaffolding you need in your bras has increased.
4. You go upstairs and can’t remember why.
5. You receive a lot of mail about planning your funeral.
6. You spend 20 per cent of the day searching for your glasses.
7. Supermarket staff have stopped asking if you’re collecting tokens for schools.
8. You shop around for a better deal rather than automatically renewing insurance policies.
9. You use expressions like: ‘You don’t know you’re born.’ And ‘In my day…’
10. You find when you’re warned a show might offend you – it actually does!
11. You get the odd stray hair growing out of your…chin!
12. You really hope nobody offers you a seat on the bus.
13. You’ve considered writing to Points of View.
14. Household chores exhaust you more quickly than they used to.
15. You don’t understand why young lads wear jeans and shirts that don’t fit properly.
16. You can’t believe how much pubs charge for a pint these days.
17. You’ve taken to regularly switching suppliers for your energy.
18. You go away out of season to avoid children while on holiday.
19. You make a funny noise when you get out of a low chair.
20. Your briefs can’t really be called that these days.
21. You avoid busy pubs in case you can’t find a seat or hear your companions.
22. You seem to need to go to the loo more often than you used to.
23. You spend a lot of time watching reruns on ITV4 of Minder and reminiscing.
24. You have an Il Divo CD in your collection.
25. The shortness of girls’ clothes always takes you by surprise.
26. You’re shocked at how craggy actors and pop stars you had crushes on have become.
27. You complain TV companies only make cheap reality shows and not proper drama.
28. You’re looking forward to a time when you have less to do.
29. You keep out of the sun as you’re worried about ageing.
30. You use cholesterol-reducing spreads.
31. You think it’s really late if you’re up after midnight.
32. You can remember a time when your favourite foods weren’t going to kill you.
33. You’re asked your opinion a lot more and others actually listen to your advice…
What’s changed in your life since you got older? Let us know below…