Those little life let-downs that make us feel blue...
1. Saying, ‘Bless you’ to someone who sneezes on the train, but they don’t hear you as they have earphones in.
2. Every single episode of Long Lost Family.
3. Seeing children being ignored by parents who are too busy on their phones.
4. The day that you have to accept that summer is over.
5. That moment at Sunday teatime, when you start thinking about work the next day.
6.Waking up and realising it’s the last day of your holiday.
7. Silly quarrels with your boyfriend.
8. When you’ve been really good on a diet and haven’t lost any weight.
9. A show that you’ve been enjoying for weeks, like The Apprentice, comes to an end…
10. They haven’t got your size in the boots that you love.
11. Your favourite shade of lipstick is discontinued and although there are loads to choose from they’re not quite right.
12. The movie you wanted to see, but didn’t get around to going to, isn’t in the cinema any more.
13. The fact that your nieces are now too grown-up to want cuddly toys for birthdays and Christmas, you used to love going to those shops.
14. Seeing anybody, but especially children, crying.
15. You’d love to get a puppy, but can’t because you’re not at home enough to be with him.
16. That your lovely holiday tan has to fade…
17. Having to accept that there are certain clothes you’re now too old – and wide – to pull off (skinny jeans we’re talking about you)!
18. Witnessing people (even if you don’t know them) arguing.
19. Being stuck at home on your own for too long…
20. A friend letting you down last minute on the phone when you’re already in the pub waiting…
21. That you’re rubbish at cooking, even when you try really hard to make a lovely meal.
22. Feeling left behind when it comes to social media. What even is WhatsApp?!
23. Not being able to run as fast or far as you used to be able to.
24. That time goes so fast and realising that you’ll never get the chance to do everything you’d like to – but you’ll certainly do as much as you can, and that attitude is so NOT sad!
What makes you feel sad? Let us know below…