It’s that time of year, when we’re about to pack our suitcases and head off on our summer holidays. So here’s our guide to what you should be doing on your annual break to get the most out of it…
1. Always wear a really high SPF to make sure that you don’t burn and a hat to avoid sunstroke.
2. Make sure your kids are protected against the sun and covered up when necessary.
3. Use adequate protection against pregnancy and STIs if you meet someone and are planning a holiday bonk.
4. Tip staff at the beginning of the week to get good service during your holiday rather than just before you go home.
5. If you know it’s safe, venture outside main tourist areas and you could find more authentic bars, cafes and shops which charge far less.
6. When abroad, stock up on bargains, but make sure to avoid any knock off fake designer goods. No Dolce and Banana labels!
7. Always put your valuables in the room safe if there’s one available.
8. Drink bottled water if the tap water is unsafe.
9. Have a go at speaking the lingo. You don’t have to be fluent, just a few words shows you’re at least making an effort.
10. Avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes by using insect repellent.
11. Take board games away witth you so you can entertain the kids if the weather’s bad.
12. Go and see local attractions to get some history of the place you’re visiting.
13. Budget carefully, you don’t want to run out of cash.
14. Look for the best exchange rate if changing currency overseas.
15. Take advantage of the extra spare time to get in shape by swimming if there’s a pool or by taking long walks along the beach.
16. Try the local delicacies when you’re in a different country.
17. Take time to appreciate your hols while you’re in the moment, rather than getting home and looking back retrospectively…
Next week we’ve got a list of 17 things NOT TO DO on holiday. Don’t miss it!