If you can tick more than five of these signs, you're due a holiday!
According to Best Western Great Britain hotels, most of us put up with five different signs of stress before we stop struggling and reward ourselves with a few days away.
To come back feeling refreshed, ideally a break should last at least four days, and while the effects may only last for about a week, most of us will still wait another seven months before going away again!
So, how many of these can you tick right now?
1. You lose the will to clean the house. The washing is piling up, the dust is gathering on every surface, but you simply can’t be bothered to do anything about it!
2. Your start getting forgetful. You can’t remember people’s names (or even worse, you call them by the wrong name!), you forget why you went into a room, and you’ve even caught yourself putting the milk in a cupboard and the cereal in the fridge!
3. You’re losing concentration at work. You find yourself daydreaming, you can’t be bothered to join in with small talk, and your colleagues all dive for cover when your computer dares to get a glitch!
4. You start comfort eating. Where’s the biscuit tin…? And, not only are you drinking more coffee, but you’ve used up your weekly wine allowance, and it’s only Tuesday!
5. You get increasingly impatient and angry at the smallest things…why is the post office/supermarket/cash point queue so long? Come on people!
6. Getting up in the morning is becoming harder and harder. You hit snooze on your morning alarm one too many times. No, I don’t want to get up!
7. You find yourself looking back at photos of previous holidays – and wish you were there! And while you’re happy for friends to be away, you secretly wish they wouldn’t share quite so many photos on social media!
8. You’re counting down the days until the kids return to school.
9. You start spending more money on the lottery – you’ve got to be in it, to win it…please!