The Plastics taught all Mean Girls fans many life lessons. Now we know what we can and can’t wear and we’re familiar with the ‘rules of feminism’. Here are just a few words of wisdom Mean Girls has imparted…
1. Joining a Maths club at school is social suicide.
2. ‘Grool’ means both ‘great’ and ‘cool’.
3. Ex-boyfriends are off limits to friends. That’s just, like, the rules of feminism.
4. Halloween is the one night of the year that it’s totally acceptable for a girl to dress like a slut.
5. ‘Fetch’ is never going to happen.
6. Don’t have sex, because you will get pregnant and die.
7. Everyone in Africa can read Swedish.
8. Sometimes the word vomit is actual vomit.
9. On Wednesdays, you wear pink. And you can’t wear a tank top two days in a row…and you can only wear your hair in a ponytail once a week.
10. Your breasts can help forecast when it’s raining.
11. Butter is a carb.
12. People won’t believe you’re a virgin if you wear jumbo tampons because of your wide-set vagina and heavy flow.
14. Calling somebody else fat, won’t make you any skinnier. And calling someone stupid won’t make you any smarter.
15. It’s important to be culturally sensitive – ie, you can’t just ask people why they’re white.
16. Over-sharing about baking cakes made out of rainbows and smiles is not OK if you don’t ‘even go here’.