Listen to Ru. The girl talks sense!
1. Learn to love yourself. Because if you don’t love yourself, how the hell you gonna love somebody else?
2. True wealth is having a healthy mind, body, and spirit. True wealth is having the knowledge to manoeuvre and navigate the mental obstacles that inhibit your ability to soar.
3. Look at me – a big old black man under all of this makeup. If I can look beautiful, so can you.
4. If I fly or if I fall, at least I can say I gave it all.
5. Through my observations, it became clear that most of society’s rules and customs are rooted in fear and superstition.
6. My attitude toward friendship has remained the same. I will support and encourage you with all the love in my heart, but if it’s not reciprocal, I gotta go!
7. You are not your religion. You are not your skin color. You are not your gender, your politics, your career, or your marital status. You are none of the superficial things that this world deems important. The real you is the energy force that created the entire universe!
8. My goal is to always come from a place of love…but sometimes you just have to break it down for a motherf**ker!
9. Anybody who can step out of the house with a pair of heels and some lipstick on their lips is my hero.
10. Biggest obstacle I ever faced was my own limited perception of myself.
11. When you become the image of your own imagination, it’s the most powerful thing you could ever do.
12. What other people think of me is not my business. What I do is what I do. How people see me doesn’t change what I decide to do.
13. Doing what I do for a living has never been easy. I’ve had to fight countless battles in this game that the public has no idea ever happened. But, I just pick myself up and carry on, I Carry On.
14. I’ve dedicated my career to fighting the mundane. My hope is that my career will be a shining example to children everywhere that life is more meaningful when you are not afraid to see all colours of the rainbow.
15. Remember, don’t f**k it up!
16. Very little is off-limits, but draw the line at being unkind.
17. It’s all about knowing that everybody that you see, everybody that you sit across from is a different aspect of yourself. So once you can accept yourself on every level, that’s when everything opens up, that’s when the party really begins.
18. The most amazing thing I’ve ever done in my life is to allow someone to love me.
Thanks for the wisdom, RuPaul!