We’re not talking winning mega amounts on the Lottery or bagging the holiday of a lifetime in a competition. What we love is the small stuff that puts a mile-wide smile on our face!
1. Putting on a pair of jeans you haven’t worn for ages and finding a fiver in the pocket.
2. Seeing a wobbly paving stone, stepping on it and enjoying the thrill as it moves underfoot.
3. Going downhill quite fast in a car (within the legal speed limit, of course) and feeling your tummy turn over.
4. Seeing a dog with its head out of a car window.
5. Finding a toffee in bottom of your handbag – and it’s in a wrapper, so isn’t covered in fluff!
6. There’s a Buy One Get One Free offer on something you were actually going to buy anyway…
7. The alarm goes off and you’re about to jump out of bed, when you realise it’s Saturday and you don’t need to go to work.
8. Bumping into an ex when you know you’re looking particularly hot (even if you do say so yourself!)
9. Waving from a pier at people in a boat and they all wave back.
10. You spot a celebrity while out with a pal – which makes you happy anyway! – but, better still, you recall their name and what they’ve been in, so you can tell your mate.
11. Getting a question right on University Challenge.
12. Pictures of kittens (and for dog lovers) puppies.
13. Your lucky number actually being lucky. For example, you’ve bought a raffle ticket, it’s your lucky number and you win! OK, so it’s only a box of Roses, but – hey! – better than nothing, eh?!
14. The green man is showing when you get to a pedestrian crossing.
15. You think you’ve finished a bag of Maltesers, but there’s one lurking in the corner of the bag.
16. A neighbour’s cat is in your garden and lets you have a little stroke without hissing or scratching you.