New movie The Legend of Tarzan is out on 1 July and we can't get enough of semi-clad star Alexander Skarsgard. Put it this way, we certainly wouldn't mind a quick swing on his vine… But he's not just a pretty set of pecs - here's everything you need to know about the jungle man...
1. His full name is Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgard.
2. He was born in Stokholm, Sweden, on 25 August 1976, making him a sweet innocent Virgo – though nearly naughty forty!
3. He’s tall – 6ft 4 1/2.
4. His dad is actor Stellan Skarsgard – Bill Anderson from Mamma Mia and the enigmatic Swedish detective River. Alexander’s mum, My Skarsgard, is a doctor, and he’s the oldest of 6 kids, with 2 half-brothers.
5. We’re not alone in our lust – Alexander Skarsgard has been voted Sexiest Man in Sweden 5 times. And the really good news is he’s said he’d pose for a Playgirl centrefold for a chicken burrito and a pint of strawberry ice cream. Quick – grab the Ben & Jerry’s!
6. You probably know him best as vampire Eric Northman in True Blood…or perhaps as Meekus in Zoolander.
7. Look out for his trademark necklace with two anchor charms.
8. He’s a big hockey fan.
9. His favourite food is moose stew!
10. Tatts out for the girls! He has a tattoo of a green bird on his left leg – it was drawn by his 7-year-old brother.
11. Hello sailor! He served 18 months conscript military service in the Swedish Navy – then left to study English at university in Leeds.
12. A fact not to be sniffed at: he doesn’t smoke, but does like snuff.
13. He’s an outdoorsy boy – in his spare time, he enjoys sailing and fishing.
14. He went to the South Pole on a 200km charity trek.
16. To get in Tarzan shape, Alexander Skarsgard spent four months training non-stop in an ‘intense and all-consuming’ workout regime. He was apparently very nervous about whether he’d achieve it.
17. On his lack of clothing, he’s said, ‘ I don’t want to disappoint the audience. It was important to me that before he met other people, the character never used to wear clothes. It would look absurd if a man raised by apes would suddenly start blushing and covering up. Tarzan would go naked and so I had to as well. The jungle’s very humid. I’m quite pleased I didn’t have to wear any clothes.’
We are, too.